Monday, April 15, 2013

Breaking - Two explosions hit finish line of Boston Marathon.


Breaking - Two explosions hit finish line of Boston Marathon. 
Two explosions have been reported near the Boston Marathon finish line on Boylston Street as thousands of people gathered for the race, and there are reports of injuries.

Witnesses reported hearing two explosions on the north side of Boylston Street just before 3 p.m.

Jackie Bruno, a reporter for New England Cable News, said on Twitter that she saw people’s legs blown off. “Runners were coming in and saw unspeakable horror,” she said.

The Associated Press reported that bloody spectators were being carried to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners. Police wove through competitors as they ran back toward the course.

The AP reported that runners and race organizers were crying as they fled the scene 

Video from SkyFox showed blood on the ground near the finish line.

A Fox 25 photographer at the scene reported seeing a number of victims with lost limbs.

Reuters was reporting that the Boston Marathon headquarters was in lockdown.

It was not immediately known how many people were injured or the extent of their injuries.Read the full story and updates here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...