Showing posts with label transgender people. Show all posts
Showing posts with label transgender people. Show all posts

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Two transgender Pakistanis tortured to death in Saudi Arabia.



Two transgender Pakistanis tortured to death in Saudi Arabia. (ET).

Two transgender persons, both natives of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P), died on Tuesday after being subjected to torture allegedly by Saudi police in Riyadh for dressing up as women in public.

Thirty-five transgender people were arrested by a law enforcement agency for cross-dressing, which is a punishable offence in the kingdom.

A rest house was raided where a ‘Guru Chela Chalan’ gathering, a formal meeting of Khuwaja Sara in which they choose their Guru (leader) and Chelas (Students), was taking place.

Amna, 35, who belonged to the Mingora area of Swat and Meeno, 26, who was from Peshawar died in police custody. 
The police allegedly packed them in sacks and thrashed them with sticks in prison.
Colonel Fawaz bin Jameel alMaiman, the police’s media spokesperson in Riyadh, told a local news agency that the field-control management had the site under constant surveillance. Women’s clothing and jewellery were also recovered from the rest house.

He added that the 35 people inside had been apprehended.

“Majority of the arrested, belong to K-P and the others from other cities of Pakistan. Torturing humans after throwing them into bags and beating them with sticks is inhumane,” said Qamar Naseem, a transgender rights activist.

While 11 were released later after paying a fine of 150,000 riyals, 22 are still in police custody, Naseem added.

The suffering ended for these two after being physically tortured, however, the rest are still languishing in Saudi jails, he added.

”No one is there to save them as the life of a transgender is not of any value to anyone, not even for our own government,” he lamented.

Naseem said that the National Commission for Human Rights had been contacted and they are awaiting their response. Read the full story here.

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Germany - Three North African men suspected of stoning transgender women in Dortmund.


Germany - Three North African men suspected of stoning transgender women in Dortmund. (Jpost).

Three young men from North Africa sought to stone two transgender women in the western German city of Dortmund on Sunday.

According to a report on Friday on television station SAT1.NRW, the men attacked Yasmine und Elisa, two transgender women, near the city’s main train station.

Within seconds we were tossed around…and they took stones from a gravel bed on the corner and threw them at us,” said Elisa.

A police car at the train station appeared as the stoning attack unfolded and arrested the men.

The German media as a general rule do not disclose the last names of victims to protect their privacy. The three men are between 16 and 18 years-old and are known to the authorities because of theft and assault arrests.

The Dortmund police official Kim-Ben Freigang said the suspects told the police that “such persons must be stoned.“

German media reported that one suspect said "You whores must be stoned."


Yasmine installed a security camera at her residence where she lives with Elisa after the attacks.  “That was barbaric what they did. They are barbarians,” Yasmine said.

Lethal homophobia is widespread in the Arab world and Iran. A 2008 British Wikileaks dispatch noted that the Islamic Republic of Iran executed “between 4,000 and 6,000 gays and lesbians” since the Islamic revolution in 1979. Hmmm.....Importing their values and Enriching the German Culture. Read the full story here.

 

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Gay activists inform Moscow Mayor's Office on holding Conchita Wurst march of bearded women, men.


Gay activists inform Moscow Mayor's Office on holding Conchita Wurst march of bearded women, men.(RBTH).

Moscow gay activists have sent a notification to the Moscow Mayor's Office on holding the Conchita Wurst March of Bearded Women and Men, the GayRussia.ru portal reported.

"According to the application filed, the event should be held on Tuesday, May 27 - on the day of the 21st anniversary of cancelling criminal prosecution for voluntary homosexual relations in Russia," the statement said.

The march was announced to be held at the pedestrian section of Tverskoy Boulevard from Pushkinskaya Square to Nikitskiye Vorota Square between 1 and 2 p.m. with up to 100 participants, the portal reported.

"Many lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) activists want to use the image of Conchita Wurst during the coming 9th annual gay parade planned for Saturday, May 31. Due to this, the application to hold the Conchita Wurst march of bearded people open the gay parade season and will become a trial balloon in our relations with the Moscow Mayor's Office this year," the portal quoted founder of the Moscow gay parade movement Nikolai Alexeyev as saying.

"Bearded lady" Conchita Wurst (a.k.a. transvestite Tom Neuwirth) won the Eurovision 2014 musical contest held in Copenhagen on May 6-10, having received 290 points.Hmmmm.......боже мой.

Related:

Eurovision’s bearded lady gets conservative Russians hot under the collar

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Video - Human Rights Watch compiles clips of homophobic violence in Russia.



Video - Human Rights Watch compiles clips of homophobic violence in Russia.Read the full story here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...