Friday, September 6, 2013

Saudi Arabia: Two more MERS deaths, Sudanese doctor in Medina said to have died of MERS.


Saudi Arabia: Two more MERS deaths, Sudanese doctor in Medina said to have died of MERS.HT: Croft
Via AlArabiya.net, an AFP report datelined Riyadh: MERS virus claims two more lives in Saudi Arabia. Excerpt:
Two women have died of the coronavirus MERS in Saudi Arabia, the health ministry said on Friday, bringing the total number of fatalities in the kingdom to 44.
The victims were identified as a 41-year-old expat who was working in the health sector in Riyadh and a 79-year-old Saudi who suffered from chronic illnesses and who came into contact with a patient stricken by the virus in the northeastern city of Hafr al-Baten.
Saudi Arabia is the country worst hit by MERS, which has killed 50 people globally, according to a statement published by the World Health Organization on August 30.
Experts are struggling to understand MERS -- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome -- for which there is still no vaccine and which has an extremely high fatality rate of more than 51 percent.
It is considered a cousin of the SARS virus that erupted in Asia in 2003 and infected 8,273 people, nine percent of whom died.
This story is all over #Coruna, the Arabic hashtag for MERS: Al Hayat-«City»: «Corona» Sudanese kills doctor. The awkward Google translation:
Doctor Sudanese died at the age of 67 years yesterday evening Pfyrus wounds' Corona '. And the transfer of a doctor from the hospital Hinakiyah which works out to the intensive care unit in a hospital in a Medina, reported the initial diagnosis to him that he suffers from a syndrome acute respiratory, and his ill during his intensive care, until he died recently, and found that the causes of death due to his Vairose pulmonary inflammation (Corona) in addition to suffering from diabetes.
With subjected to 'health city' 45 doctors from his colleagues work to doctor tests, which confirmed the safety of all of 'virus'. It is noteworthy that the Sudanese doctor is the second injury, which records in the Medina area, as previously announced by the Ministry of Health injury resident Balvyrus. The bedroom was evacuated at King Fahd Hospital in the city.
I find nothing about this case in Arab News and Saudi Gazette, and the KSA MOH English page still hasn't been updated about the latest four cases.
Hmmmm......."The Silence about MERS"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...