'Please God, make it stop!' British female journalist describes horrific sexual assault in Egypt's Tahrir Square.(DailyMail).A British journalist was brutally sexually assaulted in Cairo's Tahrir Square as thousands of Egyptians gathered to celebrate the nation's presidential election results. Natasha Smith, 21, has detailed how she was violently attacked by a 'group of animals' who stripped her naked, scratched and clenched her breasts and 'forced their fingers inside her'. She only escaped by donning men's clothes and a burka and being whisked away to safety by two other men.
Writing on her blog, she said: 'All I could see was leering faces, more and more faces sneering and jeering as I was tossed around like fresh meat among starving lions.' The incident occured on Sunday when Egyptians flooded the area celebrating the announcement Mohammed Morsi would be the nation's first democratically elected leader.'Men had been groping me for a while, but suddenly, something shifted. I found myself being dragged from my male friend, groped all over, with increasing force and aggression. 'I screamed. I could see what was happening and I saw that I was powerless to stop it. I couldn't believe I had got into this situation.' A friend eventually reached her and managed to guide her to a medical tent. Local women helped protect her as she put on the burka and clothes. She said: 'The men outside remained thirsty for blood; their prey had been cruelly snatched from their grasp. 'They peered in, so I had to duck down and hide. They attempted to attack the tent, and those inside began making a barricade out of chairs. They wanted my blood.' She then escaped by posing as a stranger's wife and walking out hand-in-hand with the man. She added: 'The women told me the attack was motivated by rumours spread by trouble-making thugs that I was a foreign spy. 'But if that was the cause, it was only really used as a pretext, an excuse, to molest and violate a blonde young Western girl'.Read the full story here.
Answer in the 'official Muslim Brotherhood press from the Egyptian Journalists for Reform: Assault on Foreign Journalist in Egypt is Unrepresentative.(IW).Egyptian 'Journalists for Reform' movement condemned vicious attacks on foreign journalists doing their duty in Egypt during the recent period. The British newspaper "The Daily Mail" journalist, 21-year-old Natasha Smith, described that a group of men in Tahrir Square attacked and sexually assaulted her as she walked around the square filming celebrations of the election results on Sunday, June 24. The 'Journalists for Reform' youth movement is run by young journalists from the Muslim Brotherhood, and has been playing an important supervisory role over the performance of the press in Egypt during the recent period.
In a statement to Ikhwanweb, the journalist Hassan Kabbani, a member of the movement, said: "This behavior has nothing to do at all with the spirit and values ??of Tahrir Square. We demand the protection of our fellow Western journalists who carry a mission we should all support and protect". Islam Tawfik, coordinator of the movement, pointed that the law should be applied firmly against the perpetrators of such heinous crimes against journalists and the press at large. Expressing hope for a big role in this for the journalists' union, Tawfik urged the British journalist to lodge a formal complaint with the Egyptian Press Syndicate to take all necessary actions. "Egyptians respect foreign journalists. What happened is certainly not representatives of Egyptians; it is a totally absurd incident."Hmmmm......Could it be that the whole idea behind these 'assaults' is to get women of the streets?The 'Wet dream' of some Islamic extremists.Read the full story here.
No comments:
Post a Comment