Thursday, October 17, 2013

Video - "Hell hath no fury like a woman in Niqab?"



Video - "Hell hath no fury like a woman in Niqab?"HT: TundraTabloids.

“Don’t provoke me!” This video filmed by a shopper in a Riyadh store shows a Saudi woman giving an officer from the religious police a piece of her mind. He had apparently asked her to cover up her entire face, even though she was already wearing a traditional niqab, with only her eyes and the top of her nose visible.

When the video starts, the argument is already underway. “Nothing in Islam says a woman must fully cover her face, and I already have half my face covered,” she yells at the religious police officer, who can be recognised by his red-and-white headscarf. “Are you only here to provoke me? I have children and I need to shop for them. Leave me alone!” A regular police officer standing nearby watches, but doesn’t intervene. According to local media, the woman was not arrested.

The Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, head of Al-Azhar, the highest seat of learning in the Sunni world.“The niqab is a tradition and has nothing to do with Islam,” said Sheikh Tantawi, vowing to ban it in Al-Azhar schools.After the girl complied he insisted she should not wear it any more.“I tell you again that the niqab has nothing to do with Islam and it is only a mere custom. I understand the religion better than you and your parents.” The Grand Imam of Al-Azhar imam vowed to issue a ban against the face-veil in all schools linked to Al-Azhar.“Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...