Showing posts with label Russian Airborne. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Russian Airborne. Show all posts

Monday, October 10, 2016

Commander of Russian 'little green men' in Crimea will be new head of Russia's airborne troops.


Commander of Russian 'little green men' in Crimea will be new head of Russia's airborne troops. (Tass).

The Russian Defense Ministry appointed Lieutenant-General Andrey Serdyukov as commander of Russian airborne troops, Izvestia reports.

According to the publication, the 53-year-old General held all command positions, and also led a special operation in the Crimea in the spring of 2014. The submission on the appointment of Serdyukov has been sent to the President of Russia, Vladimir Putin.


“Currently, the decision on the appointment of Andrey Serdyukov has already been made by the Ministry of Defense. We are waiting for the approval of the Russian President, as officers for division commander positions and above can only be appointed by order of the Commander-in-Chief.

The Air Force has a special status as the reserves of the Supreme Commander. Therefore, officers appointed as the commander of these troops, personally, must agree with the President,” said the publication of a high-ranking source familiar with the situation. Read the full story here.

More here on the Commander of Russian 'little green men' in Crimea here.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Russian Airborne Force to set up six T-72B3 tank battalions by end of 2018 — source.


Russian Airborne Force to set up six T-72B3 tank battalions by end of 2018 — source. (Tass).

Tank battalions will be set up within six air assault large units of Russia’s Airborne Force before the end of 2018, a high-ranking source in the Airborne Force told TASS on Tuesday.

"All our air assault large units, i.e. two divisions and four brigades, will start setting up tank companies in the second half of the year. We are planning to complete this work by the end of the year to transform these companies into battalions," the source said.

"Thus, each air assault large unit will have a T-72B3 tank battalion by 2018," the source added.
TASS does not have any official information.

Airborne Force Commander Vladimir Shamanov said earlier that the Airborne Force would set up six tank companies in 2015.

According to the source, these plans were not fulfilled "due to financial problems."

"These plans have been adjusted and we will start fulfilling them in the second half of the year," the source said.

Related:
Russian diplomat: Deploying 3 divisions along border response measure to NATO expansion

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Putin asks Russian Federation council to repeal decision to use military force in Ukraine.


Putin asks Russian Federation council to repeal decision to use military force in Ukraine.(RT).

President Vladimir Putin has proposed the upper house to call off the March 1 resolution allowing the head of state to use the armed forces on the territory of Ukraine, said presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov.

The Federation Council is preparing to consider the cancelation proposal on Wednesday, June 25.

“Because of the beginning of the three-party talks to settle down the situation in the eastern parts of Ukraine, the head of state has addressed to the Federation Council to repeal the resolution on the use of Russian armed forces on the territory of Ukraine,” ITAR-TASS cited Peskov as saying.

The president sent an address to Federation Council Valentina Matvienko today morning, ahead of leaving on official visit to Vienna.

The Federation Council’s resolution of March 1 agreed on the president‘s right to use military force on the territory of the neighboring Ukraine “until the normalization of the social and political situation in that country.”

The resolution was adopted following a presidential address demanding security be maintained “for citizens of the Russian Federation, our compatriots and personnel of the Russian contingent deployed in accordance with international agreements on the territory of the Autonomous Crimea Republic of Ukraine.”

The resolution was adopted in accordance of the first part of the Article 102 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Ukrainian Pres. Poroshenko does not exclude the third world war, Russian troops marching towards Ukr border.

In Crimea Russians to pull artillery positions Ukrainian border[GoogleTranslate].

Ukrainian Pres. Poroshenko does not exclude the third world war.

Ukrainian military shelled a village near the border with Russia [Googletranslate]


From the city Kamensk-Shahtinsk, located at a distance of 30 km. from the Ukrainian border, went convoy of Russian troops. They move in the direction of Ukraine

This is reported by sources Espreso.TV .

The column consists of a huge number of tanks, KAMAZ and other military equipment. It stretches over 2 km.

Note that the DNR continues to seek volunteers Panzer Division, which is composed of 250 tanks.

Interestingly, Russian President Vladimir Putin believes that Ukrainian troops continue ATO despite truce and does not notice the actions of terrorists. Also, Russians pidtyahnuly artillery positions in the Crimea to Ukrainian border. Earlier it was reported that the Russians in the Crimea to pull artillery positions Ukrainian border.

Ukrainian Pres. Poroshenko warns of ‘detailed Plan B’ if Ukraine ceasefire fails.


Ukrainian Pres. Poroshenko warns of ‘detailed Plan B’ if Ukraine ceasefire fails. (RT).
“Peaceful scenario – it is our plan A,” Poroshenko said in a statement on his website. “But those who expect to use the peace talks only to gain time to regroup, should know that we have a detailed plan B. I am not going to talk about it now, because I believe that our peace plan will work.”
The ceasefire in eastern Ukraine took effect on June 20 and will last until June 27, the day Kiev plans to sign the EU Association agreement.

However, “the military will be given the right to return fire if Ukrainian army units or peaceful civilians are attacked,” Poroshenko said in his decree. Since then, the tensions have slightly eased in some areas, but the Ukrainian army is still using artillery and the air force in sporadic clashes with anti-Kiev militias.
 
Poroshenko claims the ceasefire is designed to enable local self-defence militias to lay down their arms and flee the country, or be destroyed. He also, while drafting the plan with Kiev-appointed governors of the defiant regions, rejected any possibility of negotiations with representatives of anti-Kiev forces.

While welcoming Kiev’s ceasefire efforts, the Russian president said the current peace plan on the table “should not take the form of an ultimatum to militia groups,” according to the Kremlin statement. It’s not enough to just put hostilities on pause, but vital to immediately start “constructive negotiations” to reach a viable compromise between the parties to the conflict.

Russia notes that the proposed plan will not be viable or realistic if no practical steps are taken to commence the negotiation process, the statement reads, shedding doubt that it would work as “the confrontation continues and shells from the Ukrainian side land and explode on the Russian territory.”

Meanwhile, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said that most clauses of President Poroshenko's peace plan look more like an ultimatum to the militias in Donetsk and Lugansk regions rather than an invitation to dialogue.

The plan lacks the key thing – a proposal to start dialogue. This is a drastic departure from the Geneva statement of April 17 which is still supported by all of our Western partners, the United States, the European Union and the Ukrainian authorities or at least they say so, Lavrov said, reports Itar-Tass.

OPINION: Ukraine peace plan is ‘Poroshenko’s PR move in a form of ultimatum’

Lavrov once again highlighted that Moscow is alarmed that Kiev continues the shelling, which now impact Russian border crossings with Ukraine.

We are very much alarmed and worried by the fact that simultaneously with the announcement of the peace plan, a military operation was stepped up, which resulted in people wounded on the Russian side, he said. 

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Russian Pres Putin orders surprise drills to check combat readiness of central Russia forces.


Russian Pres Putin orders surprise drills to check combat readiness of central Russia forces. (RT).

Russia’s troops in the Central Military District have been put on alert to verify troops’ combat-readiness during massive war games of all branches of the armed forces. The exercises involve the relocation of military personnel and hardware, firing training and complex inspections.
In accordance with president’s order, today starting from 11:00 Moscow time [07:00 GMT] all troops of the Central Military District have been placed in a state of full combat readiness," Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu said at staff meeting.
The drills will last for a week, from June 21 through 28, Shoigu said.


During the first 24 hours, the troops’ readiness for immediate deployment on a combat mission will be checked.

After that, military units will switch to tactical training, marching in battle formation to firing ranges for practice, Shoigu said.

Air Force units in the district will relocate planes to operational airfields to check their readiness for action in new locations. In particular, the 98th Airborne Division will be relocated from the Ivanovo Region of the Volga Federal District to the Urals for paratrooper jump exercises at the Chebarkul firing range.

The minister specifically ordered units to avoid any possible damage to civilian installations and infrastructure during the military drills, and to ensure the safety of military personnel, arms and hardware.

The June 21-28 drill is the second stage of general exercises in the Central Military District, Shoigu said. A special commission has already verified the general situation in the district and now the war games will give the picture of combat readiness of the troops stationed on a swathe of huge territory from the Volga River through the Urals Mountains to Siberia, and from the Kara Sea in the Arctic to the steppe on Russia’s southern border with Kazakhstan.


Shoigu said that the 28th and 35th Motorized Brigades began the training June 20, when both units were put on alert ahead of the rest of the military forces in the region.

Friday, June 20, 2014

Russia Continues Military Exercise near EU Border, 'Eliminates' Militant Group


Russia Continues Military Exercise near EU Border, 'Eliminates' Militant Group. (RN).
Paratroopers and coastal troops taking part in a large scale exercise in Russia’s Baltic enclave of Kaliningrad successfully “eliminated” a group of militants, according to the Russian Baltic Fleet’s press office.
In the exercise’s scenario, intelligence was received about an illegal military group’s presence in one of the districts of Kaliningrad Region. A motorized infantry regiment was alerted,” said the statement. The motorized infantry regiment had to move 60 kilometers with artillery support to force the surrender of and eliminate the “potential enemy” forces.

During the first stage of the drills, Sukhoi Su-34 and Su-34 bombers engaged land targets, while the Friday exercise involved about 1,000 military personnel and more than 100 pieces of military hardware, including aviation.

The joint exercise of Russia’s Baltic Fleet, Air Force and paratroopers is taking place at the same time as the NATO’s Saber Strike 2014 and Baltops 2014 exercises. The Russian Defense Ministry earlier said the number of troops deployed by Russia for the Kaliningrad military exercises is comparable to the ongoing NATO drills in terms of personnel and military hardware.

Following the reunification of Crimea with Russia, NATO has been flexing its military muscle near the Russian border. Moscow has repeatedly expressed concern over the West’s aggressive pressure on Russia.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Breaking - Ukraine building up forces Near Crimea border.



Tweet Below:   "Naftogaz Ukrainy", "Gazprom" plans to terminate the agreement on balancing transit to Europe russian.rt.com/article/37226












 #Tymchuk On June 6 for downing An-30 @ #Slaviansk was used #RUS the latest MPAD "Verba", issued 1 week prior to army. http://t.co/7YCP66twYk — lennutrajektoor (@lennutrajektoor) June 19, 2014











Russia has send a fleet of brand new fighter jets to the border with Ukraine. [GoogleTranslate] .The new jets can perform precise attacks in any weather, day or night. In eastern Ukraine, on the border with Russia, tensions have been running for weeks in fighting between the army and pro-Russian Ukrainian rebels. Officially, Russia keeps aloof, but in practice, Russia close eye on the situation. The new aircraft should help.




Life in Occupied Sloviansk: Residents Collect Water from a Pumping Station with Bottles and Stay at a Bus Station Hoping to Leave. PHOTOS

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

VIDEO - TODAY Convoy of Russian Airborne BMD 5 km from border - Heavy Ukrainian Artillery moving



VIDEO TODAY Сonvoy of Ukraine heavy artillery at Schastye 18/6/14 Donetsk Lugansk Slavyansk Ukraine.


Russia has send a fleet of brand new fighter jets to the border with Ukraine. [GoogleTranslate] .The new jets can perform precise attacks in any weather, day or night. In eastern Ukraine, on the border with Russia, tensions have been running for weeks in fighting between the army and pro-Russian Ukrainian rebels. Officially, Russia keeps aloof, but in practice, Russia close eye on the situation. The new aircraft should help.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...