Iran - IRGC Releases U.S. Sailors after US Apology. (TN).
The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) released ten US Navy sailors who had been captured inside Iran’s territorial waters in the Persian Gulf on Tuesday.
The
IRGC Public Relations in a statement on Wednesday said the sailors were
freed following an apology from the US and after technical and
operational investigations indicated that the intrusion into Iranian
territorial waters was "unintentional".
It also underlined that the US has pledged to prevent such mistakes in the future.
The seizure took place at 4:30 P.M. local time, Tuesday, when the two American combat vessels, with 10 armed sailors on board, entered Iran’s territorial waters near the island of Farsi.
The IRGC said the captured US troops, including 9 men and a woman, were treated properly, are fully safe and have been transferred to an appropriate location.
The USS Harry S. Truman aircraft carrier had been drifting out southeast of the Iranian island of Farsi in the international waters when the Iranian forces seized the two boats, while the French aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle had been also patrolling in the international waters northeast of the island at the time of the seizure, the IRGC added.
Later, US Secretary of State John Kerry spoke by phone with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif about the issue.
It also underlined that the US has pledged to prevent such mistakes in the future.
The seizure took place at 4:30 P.M. local time, Tuesday, when the two American combat vessels, with 10 armed sailors on board, entered Iran’s territorial waters near the island of Farsi.
The IRGC said the captured US troops, including 9 men and a woman, were treated properly, are fully safe and have been transferred to an appropriate location.
The USS Harry S. Truman aircraft carrier had been drifting out southeast of the Iranian island of Farsi in the international waters when the Iranian forces seized the two boats, while the French aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle had been also patrolling in the international waters northeast of the island at the time of the seizure, the IRGC added.
Later, US Secretary of State John Kerry spoke by phone with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif about the issue.
U.S. Apologized to #Iran after #Iran blocked strait of Hormuz? pic.twitter.com/A7d5CA8F2f
— MFS - The Other News (@MFS001) January 13, 2016
In immediate terms it was for this money that #Iran released captured #USNavy sailors within 24 hours today!
https://t.co/80qAn7XDDI
— Zulfi Rao (@ZulfiRao1) January 13, 2016
IRGC Navy Commander: Iranian Missiles were Locked on US Aircraft Carrier https://t.co/cEgAVLSe60
— MFS - The Other News (@MFS001) January 13, 2016
💥 PHOTOS:
#IRGC released the US sailors.
#Iran #US" pic.twitter.com/UZGtKzREZM
— Hasan Sari (@HasanSari7) January 13, 2016
#Iran End of Mystery - US navy boats seized by IRGC navy were Riverine Command Boat. pic.twitter.com/urpYep9rPr
— Green lemon (@green_lemonnn) January 13, 2016
No comments:
Post a Comment