Showing posts with label Friend of Hamas Al Qaeda Al-Nusra. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Friend of Hamas Al Qaeda Al-Nusra. Show all posts

Thursday, April 20, 2017

'All Islamist roads lead to Turkey'! St. Petersburg Metro Blast Suspect Received Money From Terrorist Group in Turkey.



'All Islamist roads lead to Turkey'! St. Petersburg Metro Blast Suspect Received Money From Terrorist Group in Turkey. (SP).

The man suspected of detonating a bomb on the St. Petersburg metro earlier this month had received money from an "international terrorist group" in Turkey, Russian investigators said on Thursday. Judge on the case ruled that the suspect received money from a terrorist group participant in Turkey for the preparation of the terrorist act.

During the hearing, Akram Azimov, the elder brother of suspected organizer of the terrorist act in the St. Petersburg metro Abror Azimov, denied any involvement in the subway blast, a Sputnik correspondent reported from Moscow's Basmanny Court on Thursday.

An investigator in the court said Thursday that Akram testified against his brother Abror.

"During the questioning as a suspect, Azimov said that he and his brother performed actions that contributed to the explosion," the investigator said.

Despite the suspect's plea, Moscow's Basmanny Court authorized the arrest of Akram Azimov.

The Russian Investigative Committee subsequently said that Akram Azimov called by phone suicide bomber Akbarzhon Jalilov and transferred him money received in Turkey from a member of an international terrorist group.

"The investigation provided information that Azimov contacted Jalilov and transferred money to him.

He received this money for preparation of the terrorist act in Turkey from an active member of an international terrorist organization. Azimov also was engaged in forging documents so that members of this organization could freely move across Russia," Judge Elena Lenskaya's ruling on Azimov's arrest said. Hmmm....Anyone keeping track how many times Islamic terrorist actions lead to Turkey? Read the full story here.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Israeli Defense minister outlaws Turkish group over Hamas allegations.


Israeli Defense minister outlaws Turkish group over Hamas allegations. (TOI).

The Istanbul-based International Kanadil Institute for Humanitarian Aid and Development is accused by Israeli authorities of sending money to organizations listed as terror groups by Jerusalem.

“The Kanadil foundation is identified with Hamas and with the Muslim Brotherhood and in recent years had been used as a main pipeline for funding projects by Hamas in Jerusalem,” Liberman’s spokesperson said in a statement.

The spokesman said the organization’s director and numerous employees are closely associated with Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood.

There was no immediate reaction from Kanadil or Turkey to the move.

The ministry had blacklisted Kanadil in October, according to the Israel Money Laundering and Terror Financing Prohibition Authority, but the order was only signed Wednesday.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Islamist in Turkey preparing for Civil war? ‘Islamist armament’ in Turkey is worrying.


Islamist in Turkey preparing for Civil war? ‘partisan armament’ in Turkey is worrying. (yavuzbaydar).

Today’s Turkey is without a doubt a powder keg, reminiscent of Yugoslavia, which because of Milosevic’s divisive nationalist drive, disintegrated after a blood bath.

One of the most worrisome aspects of Turkey today is the concrete signals of armament of individuals, as an element of fierce partisanship.

As Erdoğan raised the decibel level of his speeches again lately, questioning Turkey’s current borders, and the validity of Lausanne Treaty, which as a foundational document established modern Turkey, signed and sealed in 1923, new (or old) maps were visible in Turkish TV channels and newspapers, showing Mosul and northeastern part of Greece, beyond Thessaloniki, as the ‘Greater Turkey’.


Irredentism, and revanchism that comes along with it, is on the table. No matter what the intentions behind claims of ‘revenge of history’, whipping up the Turkish masses is a fearsome fact.

The ostrich-like European leaders and the EU Commission may refuse to admit it, many of them mesmerized by the illusion of the realpolitik, but the reality in Turkish ground is filled with similar, worrisome signs, piling up by every day that passes.

Irredentism may be a slowly brewing fact, but another most recent development should be paid the outmost attention: the announcement and preparations for the armament of the the AKP members en masse.

Turning the ruling party into an armed force had already landed on Turkish agenda, some days after the botched coup, which took place July 15.

Under the slogan ‘never again!’ some AKP officials said, that ‘civilian preparedness’ was necessary to resist new coup attempts. One of them was Şeref Malkoç, a Chief Advisor of President Erdoğan who announced that ‘licenced firearms should be distributed to the people.’

Ever since then, such calls echoed strongly. A swift support came from the militia-like organisation, ‘Ottoman Units 1453’ (Osmanlı Ocakları 1453) – whose date refers to the conquest of Istanbul – that launched the hashtag ‘AKArmament’ (#AKSilahlanma) on social media.
Its leader, Emin Canpolat, wrote, first:
This one is a call for all the brothers. Arm yourselves for the motherland, for the flag and for Erdoğan.’ At a later call, he added: ‘Erdoğan is the motherland; he means the flag for us. We will die, and kill, for Erdoğan’.
Soon after, the hashtag topped the social media traffic.


Messages like ‘AKYouth and AKMilitia is getting ready. We stand ready to fight till the last drop of our blood. Matryrdom is our holy goal!’ or ‘We are ready REIS, tell us to hit, and we shall. Tell us to die and we shall. We shall enter Aleppo and Mosul!’ were in intense circulation.
(The term ‘REIS’, could be translated as ‘the Chief’, falling slighly short, or not, of ‘Führer’.)

Abdullah Şanlıdağ, a columnist with the fiercely anti-semitic, anti-west daily, Yeni Akit, wrote:
‘Don’t be afraid this nation of ours. Don’t. They know exactly who to kill.’
But, these public rants have not remained as outbursts, symbolizing a new trend of political hooliganism. Some days ago, it was transferred to the official rhetoric, and developed into an AKP pledge.

It was the newly appointed Minister of Interior, Süleyman Soylu, who broke the news. At a large meeting of the ruling party, in the Anatolian city of Afyon, he said:

We shall deliver each and every official of our party. We shall also equip them with security guards. We will also see to it that they are protected by long-range weapons.’
In a recent local TV appearance, the governor of the northeastern Black Sea town, Rize, said that licensed weapons were delivered in large numbers to those who ‘donate money’.
Comparing his time as governor in an Aegean city of Manisa, Erdoğan Bektaş said:
‘I delivered five times more weapons in three months that I had in Manisa in two years.’

He added that he would personally provide firearms to people, ‘should the coup attempt happen again’.

In a more spectacular development, Turkey’s most powerful state institution – which seems top have taken over the role as the chief tutelary body, from the military – the Directorate of Religious Affairs (Diyanet), declared that it had launched a project to establish ‘Youth Units’ in the mosques across Turkey.

It was a high-level representative of Diyanet, Yaşar Yiğit, who broke the news.
‘At the first stage we are now done with the infrastructure in 1.500 mosques’ he said, adding:


We have a total of 85.000 mosques and we intend to establish youth units in 45.000 of them. God willing, we will have it in more than 20.000 of them by 2021.’
From every vantage point, it is clear how the pattern is set. Hmmm......And the 'Erdogan Jugend' is a fact! 



The data speaks for itself. A parliamentary commission last year issued information that, as of the end of 2013, there were a total of roughly 20 million firearms, of which 85 % were unlicensed. Turkey ranks 14th among 178 countries in individual armament, and in the past years it has noted an increase of more than 50 %.  Read the full story here.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Nils Muiznieks Commissioner for Human Rights of the Council of Europe Calls 'Erdogan Coup' very worrying.


Nils Muiznieks Commissioner for Human Rights of the Council of Europe Calls 'Erdogan Coup' very worrying. (CouncilofEurope).

It is with profound concern that I examined the first decree with the force of law (“Kanun Hükmünde Kararname”, KHK/667) adopted within the framework of the state of emergency declared in Turkey last week.

I note that Turkey has submitted a formal notice of derogation to the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) as foreseen under Article 15 of the Convention. As I expressed in a statement last week, I have no sympathy for the coup plotters. I think that those who actively plotted to overthrow democracy must be punished. I am also not putting into question Turkey’s right to declare a state of emergency, nor to derogate from the ECHR.

But I must stress that, as recalled by the Secretary General of the Council of Europe, such derogations are not limitless: the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) remains the ultimate authority to determine whether measures taken during the state of emergency are in conformity with the ECHR. One of the criteria used by the Court in this context is whether the measures derogating from the ECHR are taken only to the extent strictly required by the exigencies of the situation.

The tests of necessity and proportionality used by the ECtHR are understandably altered in such situations, but they are not removed altogether and will apply to the measures foreseen in the aforementioned Decree. While it will of course be ultimately up to the ECtHR to decide on their compatibility with the Convention, I have very serious misgivings on both counts.

It is therefore particularly striking in the light of this case-law that the present Decree authorizes detentions without access to a judge for up to thirty days. This period is exceptionally long and will apply not only to those suspected of involvement in the coup attempt, but all persons suspected for involvement in terrorist offences and organised crime, during the validity of the state of emergency.

At the same time, while acknowledging that procedural guarantees applicable to police custody have improved since the above mentioned judgment, I am also concerned about the practical application of this measure, noting in particular the findings of the European Committee for the Prevention of Torture in 2013 that suspects in Turkey may not in all cases have access to a lawyer immediately from the very outset of deprivation of liberty so as to prevent torture and ill-treatment. This is all the more worrying in the light of concerns regarding allegations of torture I expressed in my previous statement.

I consider that the aforementioned Decree contains several other aspects that raise very serious questions of compatibility with the ECHR and rule of law principles, even taking into account the derogation in place:
  • Restrictions to the right of access to a lawyer, including the confidentiality of the client-lawyer relationship for persons in detention, which could affect the very substance of the right to a fair trial, and restrictions to visitation rights (Article 6);
  • The scope of the Decree, which concerns not only the coup attempt, but the fight against terrorism in general; both for physical and legal persons, punishments foreseen in the Decree apply not only in cases of membership or belonging to a terrorist organisation, but also for contacts with such an organisation (Articles 1, 2, 3 and 4);
  • Simplified procedures to dismiss judges, including judges of the Constitutional Court and Supreme Courts, without any specified evidentiary requirements (Article 3);
  • The immediate closure of 1 125 associations, 104 foundations, 19 trade unions, 15 universities, 934 private schools, and 35 private medical establishments. I note that it is not the activities of these bodies that are suspended or placed under trustee control: they are disbanded and their assets revert automatically to state authorities. The Decree further provides a simplified administrative procedure for the disbanding of further organisations (Article 2);
  • A simplified administrative procedure to terminate the employment of any public employee (including workers), with no administrative appeal and no evidentiary requirements (Article 4);
  • Automatic cancellation of passports of persons being investigated or prosecuted, without court order (Article 5);
  • Cancellation of rental leases between public bodies and persons considered to be a member of or in contact with a terrorist organisation, a measure that is likely to affect not only the suspects but also their families (Article 8).
Another worrying feature of the Decree is that it foresees complete legal, administrative, criminal and financial impunity for administrative authorities acting within its framework (Article 9) and the fact that administrative courts will not have the power to stay the execution of any of these measures (Article 10), even if they consider that such measures are unlawful. These two provisions effectively remove the two main safeguards against the arbitrary application of the Decree.

I therefore fear that the combination of such a wide scope, extremely wide and indiscriminate administrative powers affecting core human rights, and the erosion of domestic judicial control may result in a situation where the very foundations of rule of law are put in jeopardy, and where the ECtHR will have to face a huge number of new cases coming from Turkey. Violations of other core Council of Europe standards, and in particular of the European Social Charter, are also likely. Read the full statement here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...