Man opens fire on Turkish PM office - Claim assailant was a member of an outlawed leftist organization. (TZ).
A man carrying hand grenades and weapons was captured on Thursday in front of İstanbul's Dolmabahçe Palace, which houses a prime ministerial office, after a failed attack against a police guard station outside the historic building.
Photos from the scene showed a man being kept down by police officers in ceremonial uniforms. The man was detained and taken to a police station inside the palace immediately after the attack.
İstanbul police chief, Selami Altınok, said the man was captured by the police officers after he threw two hand grenades at the guard station in front of the palace. The bombs did not detonate.
The police have defused the two hand grenades, according to Altınok. He told reporters that the assailant had been imprisoned in 2003-2006 but did not say on what charges and his identity was not revealed.
"The identity and links of the assailant is known to us. But we don't want to reveal it right now," he said, stating that the police believe the assailant is a member of a "known terrorist organization."
State news agency Anadolu said the assailant was a member of an outlawed leftist organization. Hmmm.......A false flag operation to crack down even more on the opposition? Read the full story here.
#Turkey opposition lawmaker @LutfuTurkkan hints a failed attack on a prime ministerial office in Istanbul was staged & not convincing
— Abdullah Bozkurt (@abdbozkurt) January 1, 2015
No comments:
Post a Comment