Showing posts with label Ghent. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Ghent. Show all posts

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Belgium - Verviers: Two dead, One arrested in a police operation against suspected Islamist terrorists



Belgium - Verviers: 3 dead in a police operation against suspected terrorists. (HLN) . (RTBF).[GoogleTranslate].

Update: [GoogleTranslate] -

Two young jihadists returning from Syria, after following the Coulibaly 'Highway', killed in Verviers: "We avoided a Belgian Charlie Hebdo"! (video and photos).

The Federal Police is currently in action in the streets of the Hill in Verviers. An assault was given against an alleged terrorist group. Two suspects are dead. A third was arrested by the police.

Two suspects are dead. A third was arrested. Information confirmed by Eric Vandersypt, the federal prosecution. The operation is still ongoing, he added. Bomb Disposal service is on site for possible explosives.

According to a police source, "with this procedure, a Charlie Hebdo was avoided in Belgium."

According to LCI, these three young jihadists returning from Syria: they would have followed the  Coulibaly 'highway', including the author of the shooting in the Hyper Kosher last week in Paris. The continuous chain site explains: " There is a link between the operation in Belgium and support network Amédy Coulibal " . The channel quoted Christophe Moulin, specialist police and the justice: " This is a group that dealt with departures in Syria and also ​​the supply of weapons to organized crime and Islamist groups "

" The three men were monitored for a long time, they were returning from conflict zones. - probably Syria - and they had planned an attack against a police station They had Kalashnikovs. "also says Standaard .

Reportedly, three people died in an assault given by the police against an alleged terrorist group in Verviers on Thursday night.

Several people were arrested. Several explosions and detonations were heard in Verviers in the neighborhood of the station, according to testimony collected by RTBF.

There are giving different testimonies. So says a witness to RTL that they heard gunfire from automatic rifles for ten minutes. On Twitter, one speaks of 3 to 4 large explosions. Now more.

According to the Belgian news channel VRT the action involves Muslim fundamentalists who were planning to carry out an attack. 

 Update : According to Fed Prosecutor there are TWO dead, one wounded. The victims would be returning Jihadis from Syria.

Anti-terror operation in #Belgium supposedly in coordination with 7 countries, Yemen was among them.

Armed man in Brussels metro was arrested but not related to ongoing police action against terrorists.



Newspaper 'LaMeuse' will give live report from the FED prosecutor briefing





















Several explosions and detonations were heard in the streets of the Hill. Several people were arrested. Police told residents to remain cloistered at home and lowering the shutters. Rue du Palais as well as the schools are closed to traffic. It would be a DSU service intervention.





Belgium: 'Antisemite' allowed to speak at Ghent march following terror attacks.

Translation: "Sleep Softly Europe'

Belgium: 'Antisemite' to speak at Ghent march following terror attacks. (TheNewAntisemite).

Today the city of Ghent will hold a silent march for "peace and respect", following the terror attacks in France.

One of the people chosen to speak in this march is journalist Saskia Van Nieuwenhove.

Van Nieuwenhove is anti-Zionist and anti-Jewish. In the past she has posted various conspiracy theories about Israel and Jews. She also supports Abou Jahjah and the AEL (Arab European League), who had in the past had targeted Belgian Jewish communities with violence.

As an example, here above cartoon she shared on her Facebook page this past July, with the comment "Sleep well, Europe".This is what the City of Ghent calls peace and respect?


Related:
Journalist in the crosshairs of the N-VA

Saskia Van Nieuwenhove Sunday took the floor during the Ghent solidarity march for the victims of terror in Paris. Since then, she has been the victim of a hate campaign on the Internet.

Bart Van Bell Of Nieuwenhove spoke last Sunday when, after include Daniel Termont and Dirty Mong. Nieuwenhove of any professional working with young people in difficult environments and outlined include the story of the family of Youssef, a Syriëstrijder. The family received several times the cell counter terrorism across the floor, but support and understanding of the desperation, the loss and the powerlessness of the family left behind did not.

"We have an eye for repression hearing for even more security, against the Syriëstrijders but do not have any social attention for their close environment, "says Van Nieuwenhove, who made ​​an appeal to our responsibility take children to embrace and to their questions listen so they get out of the risk of radicalization circle. The terror in Paris showed, according to the journalist in a horrible way 'what uprooting and exclusion "from our yard" people can do. "

In a number N VA'ers shots the words of Van Nieuwenhove in the wrong way. Include Chamber President Siegfried Bracke (N-VA) and MP Peter Dedecker (N-VA) accused her of political recuperation. Bracke wrote on Facebook that the assertion of Nieuwenhove 'that we reap what we sow "stupid and dangerous and that he did not understand that at that place and at that time was doing. "Maybe as an illustration of the fact that stupid, despicable and à la limite dangerous thoughts may also be pronounced, " said the first citizen of the country on Facebook.

"Success in your paradise '

Other N VA'ers joined the words of Bracke. Peter Dedecker Van Nieuwenhove wished via SMS 'success in her paradise. " Kris Van Dijck (N-VA) From Nieuwenhove then be back on the terror of socialists and communists, while Annick De Ridder (N-VA) on the frequent attacks Nieuwenhove of N-VA chairman and Antwerp Mayor Bart De Wever denounced.

Silent march in Ghent © Belga

Criticism from Jewish angle

Also from the Jewish angle From Nieuwenhove got wind from the front. So wrote Rudi Roth, assistant Jewish News on Facebook that the demonstration was organized in Ghent to protect Muslims from the head wind, but especially not to point to anti-Semitism. "The best proof is that a person who spreads anti-Semitic caricatures was allowed to speak. " Roth thus refers Nieuwenhove From a cartoon that acquired earlier this year from The Economist.

Of Nieuwenhove get some time criticizing the Jewish angle. Following is the sequence that they in 2009 for P-Magazine wrote about the outrageous privileges of the Mossad at Zaventem. At various pro-Jewish sites was this week shame talked about the fact that "the antisemiete 'Van Nieuwenhove, with the approval of Mayor Termont the could take the stand on the event.

"Allegations must stop '

Of Nieuwenhove wants to abandon that empty accusations. "The serious allegations of criminal offenses, I would antisemiete be, must stop. I have absolutely nothing against the Jews. Anti-Semitism is horrible, there are no words. Unfortunately, for many people within Israeli circles criticize their policies immediately Semitism. " 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...