Showing posts with label Muslim Council of Britain. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Muslim Council of Britain. Show all posts

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Video - U.K. Islamist Women: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls' Conversion to Islam Is No Surprise. Islam Liberates Women.

Monday, May 19, 2014

BOKO HARAM - Chinese embassy in Cameroon Confirms Abduction Of 10 Nationals.


BOKO HARAM - Chinese embassy in Cameroon Confirms Abduction Of 10 Nationals.HT: OSunDefender.
The Chinese embassy in Cameroon confirmed that 10 of its workers had gone missing on Friday at a site near the town of Waza, 12 miles from the Nigerian border and close to the Sambisa forest, a Boko Haram stronghold.
Lu Qingjiang, the embassy’s political counsellor, said that one Chinese worker was also injured in the attack, China’s Xinhua state news agency reported.

Ten vehicles belonging to China’s state-run construction company Sinohydro, which is repairing roads in Cameroon, were also taken, Xinhua said.


Mr Lu called on the Cameroonian authorities to “not put the lives of Chinese nationals missing in danger in case actions of liberation be launched”, Xinhua said.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Muslim Council of Britain to hold talks with Boko Haram.


Muslim Council of Britain to hold talks with Boko Haram. HT: UsunDefender.
The Muslim Council of Britain has offered to mediate in the Boko Haram insurgency in the light of the “Bring Back our Girls’’ global campaign.

The Council’s decision followed a meeting with the leadership of the Central Association of Nigerians in the UK (CANUK) which had sought its support in the wake of increased assistance to Nigeria from the international community.

CANUK Chairman Mr Bimbo Afolayan confirmed the development to the Europe Correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in London on Friday during a protest outside the Nigerian High Commission.

Afolayan said that CANUK had met and deliberated on ways to offer assistance and support to government in curbing the insurgency.

One of the things we resolved to do was to appeal to government to negotiate with Boko Haram to the extent of prisoner exchange.

We also reached out to the Muslim Council of Great Britain and they have offered to intervene by holding talks with Boko Haram, we will pursue this seriously.”

He said that a security committee to advice government on long-term solutions to these problems had been set up.

We need permanent solution, there is no point if the girls are released today and another group are abducted tomorrow.

Also, Mrs Jenny Okafor a human rights activist and convener of the protest, said government should not rule out the possibility of negotiating with the group.


It is over a month since these girls were abducted and they have been going through trauma, they need to be released, I want to thank the international community for offering to assist the Federal Government,” Okafor said. (NAN)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...