Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Iran, P5+1 start drafting nuclear [Or]deal.


Iran, P5+1 start drafting nuclear [Or]deal. (Taz).

Iran and the P5+1 have started drafting a deal on the Islamic Republic’s disputed nuclear program.

Abbas Araqchi, Iranian deputy foreign minister and senior nuclear negotiator said the parties have started drafting the “solutions”.

Iran and the P5+1 (the US, UK, France, Russia, China, and Germany) will issue a joint statement at the end of the ongoing talks, if they reach a conclusion on the all disputed issues, Iran’s State IRINN TV reported April 1.

The statement would read that progress and “general solutions” have been achieved in the negotiations and would include some working documents between Iran and the P5+1 as well as written texts, which would be finalized as a comprehensive nuclear deal, Araqchi said.
He emphasized that the joint statement will not have any attachment.

Iran and the P5+1 are trying to hammer out a comprehensive agreement on the Islamic Republic’s nuclear program by July 1.

Meanwhile, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister and negotiator Abbas Araqchi said while the talks are intended to build trust on the peaceful nature of Iran’s nuclear activities and in return remove sanctions on the country’s economy, there remain problems regarding both issues, Iran’s state IRINN TV reported April 1.

Whenever a conclusion is reached on these issues, we will disclose it to the public, but there will be no agreement by today’s end,” Araqchi said, asserting that Iran will consider an agreement once everything is written down.

He further stated that the talks have been progressive and approaches to the case have been found.
Early in the day, deputy foreign ministers and nuclear experts from the P5+1 (the US, UK, France, Russia, China, and Germany) held talks on Tehran ’s nuclear program.

Foreign ministers will address for final approval the outcome of the deputy foreign ministers and experts’ negotiations later in the day.

Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran Aliakbar Salehi and US Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz settled for talks earlier in the day, but their meeting ended in 10 minutes.

Speaking on the sidelines of the meetings, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif hoped that writing the draft agreement would start soon.


Before leaving Lausanne early morning, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said to Russia Today that the sides had agreed on the major topics.

French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius also said late March 31 that the talks had made progress.

A Western diplomat told France 24 that after 7 hours of talks that extended well into the night, Iranian negotiators accepted nothing new, and as the diplomat put it, seem to be playing with the talks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...