Showing posts with label Bring Back Our Girls. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Bring Back Our Girls. Show all posts

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hundreds of women, children again kidnapped by terrorist group Boko Haram: residents.


Hundreds of women, children again kidnapped by terrorist group Boko Haram: residents.(TN).

DAMASAK - Boko Haram militants have kidnapped more than 400 women and children from the northern Nigerian town of Damasak that was freed this month by troops from Niger and Chad, residents said on Tuesday.

There was no immediate official confirmation of the figure, but the Islamist group has previously carried out mass kidnappings. Boko Haram's abduction last April of nearly 300 schoolgirls in the region stirred international outrage and drew global attention to the group's six-year insurgency.

"They took 506 young women and children (in Damasak). They killed about 50 of them before leaving," a trader called Souleymane Ali told Reuters in the town. "We don’t know if they killed others after leaving, but they took the rest with them."

Troops from Niger and Chad last week found the bodies of at least 70 people in an apparent execution site under a bridge leading out of Damasak, where the streets remain strewn with debris and burnt-out cars after the fighting.

Ali said his wife and three of his daughters were among those seized.

"Two of them were supposed to get married this year. (Boko Haram) said 'They are slaves so we’re taking them because they belong to us'," he said.

Mohamed Ousmane, another trader, said the militants took his two wives and three of their children.

A 40-year-old resident who gave her name as Fana said fighters had rounded up captives in the main mosque before taking them out of town. She said she saved her two children by hiding them in her house.

Boko Haram wants to carve out a caliphate in northern Nigeria. A sharp increase in violence forced a delay in planned elections last month in Africa's most populous country.Hmmm.......Why did the Obama 'admin' let them grow so much?

Related:

Flashback : June 2012, Obama 'admin' designate three members of Boko Haram as terrorists,'Will diminish the capacity of Boko Haram to execute violent attacks


  Obama Accused of Obstructing Battle against Boko Haram to Promote Axelrod’s Nigerian Muslim Client.


Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Nigeria claims to have killed Boko Haram leader.


Nigeria claims to have killed Boko Haram leader.(France24).


Nigeria's military on Wednesday claimed to have killed a man who was posing as Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau, in clashes between soldiers and the Islamist militants in the country's far northeast.

"In the course of those encounters, one Mohammed Bashir, who has been acting or posing on videos as the deceased Abubakar Shekau, the eccentric character known as leader of the group, died," said defence spokesman Chris Olukolade.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Scary revelations About Boko Haram: Escaped Chibok Girl Raped 15 Times By 15 Men Every Day.


Scary revelations About Boko Haram: Escaped Chibok Girl Raped 15 Times By 15 Men Every Day. HT: OsunDefender.

More scary revelations have emerged to shed some light on the agonising experience of the missing Chibok girls, based on the account of one of the escapees.

Three of the girls have so far escaped from the terrorist group, Boko Haram, who abducted over 200 girls from a government secondary school in Chibok, Borno State on the night of April 14, 2014.

A clergy and expert on counter-terrorism, Oladimeji Thompson, of The Omoluabi Network, who has been working with other groups to assist victims of the abduction overcome their pains, gave a chilling narration based on an account of one of the escapees.
He said, “One of the girls I interviewed was being raped 15 times by 15 men every day.” He said the girl was traumatised and confused.
It’s obvious this girl needs to be managed. She looked confused. She found it hard to talk to me but after much prodding, she confessed to me that she was raped 15 times by 15 men throughout the time she was with the Islamic insurgents before she could escape from their den.

“A girl who has been raped by 15 men every day, you say you negotiate and gave her back and release a terrorist who will go out and kill more. What negotiators do is to say that they must not tell their stories, they blanket all the information. In a situation like this, it is the Boko Haram that wins more.”

Asked if the girl was not pregnant after her ordeal in the hands of the insurgents, the pastor, probably in an attempt to protect the schoolgirl, declined further comments asking our correspondent to move to other issues.

Many of the mothers confirmed to our correspondent that against all trumped up figures in the media, only three girls have since managed to escape from Boko Haram’s den.

The Omoluabi Network is working with other groups such as the Unlikely Heroes, a United States based trauma management specialists and the Gabasawa Women Initiative, a coalition of women across Northern Nigeria led by Kucheli Balami, to provide psychological and emotional support for the escaped girls and their grieving parents.

He called on government not to negotiate with the terrorist group but explore every other option in rescuing the missing girls.

The people who are talking about dialogue in the first place don’t understand that this thing is a merciless, unrelenting, non-negotiating monster. Those who have studied it globally and locally know that anybody who says negotiate is likely a mole that really belongs to the Boko Haram, pretending not to be part of them.

“If you look at the United States today, the reason it is a prosperous nation is because it refused to negotiate with the colonial powers that threatened it. Nigeria negotiated, look at where we are today. America stood by principle, look at where it is today. So, we are at a crossroads right now. If you claim to negotiate and make Boko Haram stronger, you have betrayed all the blood of thousands who have been slaughtered by these terrorists. If you negotiate, you are only prolonging the evil day, helping people who will eventually reach your own children.

In the wake of the girls’ abduction, there has been blame trading by the Borno State government and the West African Examination Council over whose laxity led to the sad development. While WAEC had claimed it warned the state government against staging the exam in the town, the administration had strongly debunked that allegation. But some of the aggrieved women revealed they were forced into allowing their daughters live in the hostel during the examination.

Nobody sought our opinion before deciding that the girls stayed in the hostel. Most schools in Borno have been closed because of Boko Haram, how silly would we be to allow our children into such danger? We were never aware of that arrangement.

Once the girls in captivity return, the reality is that our work has only just begun. These girls are going to need trauma therapy, immediate medical care and all the things they will need to properly stabilise and overcome this trauma. It is mostly likely that when they get out they will need up to 10 to 16 weeks to be able to recover from the shock.

“It is also important that they are placed in a very safe environment. The safer the environment that they are placed in, the quicker they will be able to heal. The more specialised care that they are given immediately upon return, the easier it will be for them to recover and be re-integrated into their normal communities and everyday life,” she said.

US Congressman, Louie Gohmert, said during the meeting that the girl’s abduction now came tops in major delibrations within the country’s political circle in recent weeks. Gohmert who played a major role in ensuring the US government designated Boko Haram a Foreign Terrorist Organisation, howeever chided the White for not using its intelligence and technology to crush the sect and rescue the girls from captivity.

We must all rally behind the families of these missing girls. The international community must step up efforts to free the girls. If the US does not use its power to stop Boko Haram, God will use someone else to do it. We will not relent on our calls until these girls are safely released to their families,” he said.

Last week, the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshal Alex Badeh, told news men that they had located the whereabouts of the young girls but that they were taking all necessary precaution in freeing them from captivity. 

Earlier this week, the Australian government, through its Foreign Minister, Julie Bishop, offered to allow its special forces partake in the search for the girls. The Nigerian government, according to Thompson, is yet to accede to that request

Mothers and family members of the abducted young women would be hoping for a quick resolution to the problem even as they look forward to wrapping their daughters in their arms sometime as soon as possible. But for now, they are living with the pains and wounds brought by the sad incident.

Source: PUNCH Nigeria

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Some of the abducted Chibok girls seen in Central Africa


Some of the abducted Chibok girls seen in Central Africa.HT: UsunDefender.

There are strong indications that the terrorist sect, Boko Haram, may have moved some of the over 200 schoolgirls it abducted from Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State out of West Africa.
There were reports on Friday that some of the abducted schoolgirls were seen in Birao, Central African Republic with armed men. Birao is a small town in the north of the CAR.

The Islamic sect had abducted pupils of the school on April 14 and taken them into the forests along the Nigeria-Cameroon border. Over 50 of the pupils escaped while being moved out of the school.

An online report by a French news medium, Jeune Afrique, on Friday, said villagers saw about 50 young women led by armed men in the North Central African Republic last week.
The report was translated into English by one of our correspondents.

The report says, “The Nigerian schoolgirls abducted by Boko Haram have passed through the northern CAR, escorted by armed men. Based on several testimonies of inhabitants, the women arrived Wednesday, April 30 aboard trucks.

“They were guarded by heavily armed men, who spoke English, and also members of the former (CAR) rebel Seleka.”

Seleka is an alliance of Islamic rebel militia factions that overthrew the Central African Republic government early last year and installed their leader as president. The group which has reportedly carried out several executions, rape and looting split last year with Christian and Muslim factions terrorising the CAR, forcing France to send more troops to the region.

The French newspaper added that natives of Birao were afraid to approach the kidnapped girls.

According to our source, the convoy of two trucks and a pickup was previously seen at Tiroungoulou (about 170 kilometres southwest of Birao) and perhaps Chad. “Upon arrival, some were frightened, cried and were violently rebuked in English. The girls and their guardians were then housed for several days in a house. “The group reportedly left the scene on the night of Sunday to Monday, May 4 to 5, without a trace,” the report said.

Barely 24 hours after President Goodluck Jonathan said no group had claimed responsibility for the abduction of the pupils, Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, claimed responsibility for the abduction.
Shekau, while claiming responsibility for the seizure of the girls in a video, threatened to sell the abducted girls. “I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market, by Allah,” he said. Earlier, there were reports that the girls were taken to neighboring Cameroon and Chad.

The Cameroonian government however faulted reports that some of the teenagers had been married off in the country.
Cameroon’s Minister of Communication, Issa Tchiroma Bakari, was quoted as saying he was shocked by accusations that Cameroon was not collaborating with Nigeria to free the girls from their captors.
“We insist that allegations from Nigeria that a part of the 200 young female students recently kidnapped in the North-East of Nigeria would have been transferred to Cameroon to be forced into marriage to members of the Boko Haram sect are fully unfounded. “Cameroon will never ever serve as a support base for destabilisation activities towards other countries,” he was quoted as saying.

The Unites States, Britain, France and China have, however, expressed their readiness to assist Nigeria in rescuing the girls. The US and British military personnel and hardware arrived in the country between Thursday and Friday.
One of our correspondents in Abuja also gathered that the Federal Government would engage Israel in the search for the abducted girls.
SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that the Federal Government and Israeli authorities had held a series of meetings since the girls were abducted on April 14.

A security source said on Friday that the collaborative efforts between Israel and Nigeria on the issue of terrorism and insurgency had been ongoing for some time.

The source who pleaded anonymity said, “The issue of collaboration with Israeli and other countries did not start now, a lot of meetings have been held on insurgency.”

When contacted on Friday, the Press Officer of the Israeli Embassy in Nigeria, Mr. Tony Obiechina, said the embassy had closed for the day and could not respond to the issue.


He said, “We have closed. I will have to meet with the ambassador on Monday to see if there is any information on your request.”Source.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Saudi Arabia’s top Muslim cleric says Boko Haram is a misguided disgrace to Islam.


Saudi Arabia’s top Muslim cleric Sheikh Abdulaziz Al ash-Sheikh,says Boko Haram is a misguided disgrace to Islam.HT: OsunDefender.

Yesterday, Sheikh Abdulaziz Al ash-Sheikh, the head of the Grand Mufti, Saudi Arabia’s top religious authority condemned Boko Haram as a group set up to smear the image of Islam. He dismissed the movement, saying it was misguided and should be shown that it has towed the wrong path.
Sheikh Al ash-Sheikh added: “This is a group that has been set up to smear the image of Islam and must be offered advice, shown their wrong path and be made to reject it. These groups are not on the right path because Islam is against kidnapping, killing and aggression. “Marrying kidnapped girls is not permitted. This is a gross misinterpretation of Islam.”

As Grand Mufti, Sheikh Al ash-Sheikh is the head of the Permanent Committee for Islamic Research and is the one charged with issuing fatwas.

Although a very conservative and controversial person in the past, of late Sheikh Al as-Sheikh appears to have mellowed a bit lately as in on September 12, 2013, he issued a fatwa that suicide bombings are great crimes and bombers are criminals who rush themselves to hell by their actions.

Earlier this week, Islamic scholars from the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, the world’s largest Muslim body representing 57 countries, joined in denouncing the kidnapping.

Also, Cairo’s Al-Azhar Mosque, one of the oldest and most credible Sunni institutions of higher learning in the world, recently said the kidnapping has nothing to do with the tolerant and noble teachings of Islam.

Boko Haram leader Sheikh Abubakar Shekau, has threatened to sell the girls off in marriage in line with historical precedent. In the Youtube video broadcast to the world, Sheikh Shekau called the girls slaves, in reference to the ancient jihadi custom of enslaving women captured in a holy war, who then can be used as sex slaves by their captors.

Unconfirmed report - Abducted Nigerian Girls Were spotted In Sambisa Forest By U.S. Marines.


Unconfirmed report - Abducted Nigerian Girls Were spotted In Sambisa Forest By American Special forces.(Osondefender).
There were indications yesterday form the reports reaching us that the 230 female students abducted by Boko Haram terrorists from the Government Girls’ Secondary School, GGSS, Chibok, Borno State, have been sited at the Sambisa Forest in Borno State, by the Special Forces of the United States Marines.

The girls who were abducted on April 14, were part of the 250 students boarded at the school for the West African School Certificate, WAEC, Senior Secondary School Certificate, SSSCE, examinations, triggering world-wide condemnations.

More US military officials arrived Nigeria yesterday to join local officials in the search for the schoolgirls taken captives and being reportedly used as sex slaves by the Islamist extremist group, Boko Haram, the US Secretary of State, John Kerry and the defence department, Pentagon, said.

According to Kerry, “Our inter-agency team is hitting the ground in Nigeria now and they are going to be working with President Jonathan’s government to do everything that we possibly can to return these girls.” 

A news channel also quoted the U.S. Navy Rear Admiral, John Kirby, who serves as Pentagon press secretary, as saying that the small team of seven would join advisers supporting local efforts to find the girls abducted over three weeks ago.


Kerry said the US team, working with the Nigerian government, would do everything possible to free the girls and everything possible to stop the atrocities of Boko Haram.

“We are also going to do everything possible to counter the menace of Boko Haram. The entire world should not only be condemning this outrage but should be doing everything possible to help Nigeria in the days ahead,” he added.

Update: Us Marines locate Abducted Girls, Arrest one of the Boko Haram Leaders

However, military sources said that apart from abducting the girls, the insurgents also carted away food items and vehicles as well as killing undisclosed number of people in Chibok on that fateful night.

A source in Abuja said that members of the United States Marines who are already in Maiduguri following the promise by the US President to help Nigeria in rescuing the abducted girls, located the girls inside the forest, using some Satellite equipment which combed the forest, located an assembly of the young girls and sent the images back to the Marines on ground in Maiduguri.

Beside locating the girls in the dense forest, it was also, further gathered that one of the leaders of terrorist group who participated in the abduction of the girls was arrested by a combined team of the US Marines and Nigerian forces.

Sources said that the Boko Haram leader was arrested, through an advanced interceptor equipment which was used to track the terrorist while exchanging information with his colleagues in Sambisa Forest about the movements of American and Nigerian soldiers in Maiduguri.

The source said the suspect’s phone was traced to a location in Maiduguri where he was arrested and handed over to the Nigerian military.

The location of the girls in the forest is contrary to widespread reports that the girls had been distributed and ferried to the Nigerian border towns in Chad, Cameroon and Niger Republic.

Senator Ahmed Zanna, representing Borno Central District in whose Maiduguri home, an alleged Boko Haram top commander was once arrested told the Senate last week that he gave the Military an up-to-date information on how the girls could be rescued, but lamented that his information was ignored.

He spoke against the backdrop of the claim by the Boko Haram leader, Sheik Abubakar Shekau, last week that the girls were booties of war, who would be sold into slavery.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...