Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hundreds of women, children again kidnapped by terrorist group Boko Haram: residents.


Hundreds of women, children again kidnapped by terrorist group Boko Haram: residents.(TN).

DAMASAK - Boko Haram militants have kidnapped more than 400 women and children from the northern Nigerian town of Damasak that was freed this month by troops from Niger and Chad, residents said on Tuesday.

There was no immediate official confirmation of the figure, but the Islamist group has previously carried out mass kidnappings. Boko Haram's abduction last April of nearly 300 schoolgirls in the region stirred international outrage and drew global attention to the group's six-year insurgency.

"They took 506 young women and children (in Damasak). They killed about 50 of them before leaving," a trader called Souleymane Ali told Reuters in the town. "We don’t know if they killed others after leaving, but they took the rest with them."

Troops from Niger and Chad last week found the bodies of at least 70 people in an apparent execution site under a bridge leading out of Damasak, where the streets remain strewn with debris and burnt-out cars after the fighting.

Ali said his wife and three of his daughters were among those seized.

"Two of them were supposed to get married this year. (Boko Haram) said 'They are slaves so we’re taking them because they belong to us'," he said.

Mohamed Ousmane, another trader, said the militants took his two wives and three of their children.

A 40-year-old resident who gave her name as Fana said fighters had rounded up captives in the main mosque before taking them out of town. She said she saved her two children by hiding them in her house.

Boko Haram wants to carve out a caliphate in northern Nigeria. A sharp increase in violence forced a delay in planned elections last month in Africa's most populous country.Hmmm.......Why did the Obama 'admin' let them grow so much?

Related:

Flashback : June 2012, Obama 'admin' designate three members of Boko Haram as terrorists,'Will diminish the capacity of Boko Haram to execute violent attacks


  Obama Accused of Obstructing Battle against Boko Haram to Promote Axelrod’s Nigerian Muslim Client.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...